Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cookie Monster Creation




For many years, I have been interested in cake decorating. I have played with some cake for the kids birthdays. So, last night I started a cake decorating class. I was feeling guilty for going because it will take me 6 weeks to complete the classes and I would be gone from home one night a week. Ronnie encouraged me to go and have fun. He said "this is something you have wanted to do for a long time and I can handle the kids". He is such a wonderful man. I waited to the last minute to decide to go and sign up, then I had to make my icing and then go back to class. I felt a little bit overwhelmed, but last night was fun. The class is going to be a therapy session for me I think. I made a cookie monster cupcake. He is cute even though one of his arms looked a little deformed. Beginners luck. Next week we are to bake a 2 layer circle cake and have it iced smoothly before we get to class, then we will decorate the top. That should be interesting to see. I have never had smooth icing. I'm sure that it will be like the cookie monster. Some looked like cookie monster, some looked like a light baby blue something and a couple I don't know what they looked like - no cookie monster! We are just learning and have fun. I don't want that job for a living, but it will be fun to play with.

1 comment:

RADstitches said...

Very interesting little thingy you made there! LOL Who wanted to eat it... Gage, Kali or Ronnie!?!? Can't wait till next week!