Saturday, March 7, 2009

Gage and Baseball

Gage had his first game of the season today with the DirtBags. He and Drew were warming up and Gage didn't have his glove on good yet, but Drew thought he did and threw the ball. The ball hit Gage right above the left eye brow. It looked bad, but it only got worse.


This is the goose egg that came up. This photo was taken after we got home.


OH MY GOSH! My baby's eye. Believe it or not, Gage played with his eye like this. Maybe not quite this big. He played catcher, left field and pitched. I was proud of him being a trooper.

Just another shot of his eye. I can only image what it will look like in the morning. Poor Drew felt so bad. It was an accident. Gage still loves baseball. I told him that he played really good with one eye, so I expect it at least that well or better with 2 good eyes. LOL




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my you are not going to believe this, but the same thing happened to me in high school. The ball hit me so hard I had the imprint of the stitches on my head. It will only look worse in the days ahead! Both of my eyes turned black. Not a pretty site for a high school girl. :( Bless his heart! What a boy to finish that game!!!

Boyett Family said...

Oh my gosh! We've been there too. I don't think Noah's was that bad though! What a trooper!

RADstitches said...

Oh my! Did he not go to the ER? I can't hardly even look at that! OUCH!

Mom of these kids said...

Oh, that looks SO painful. I would be totally freaking out to see that on my child! What a trooper for him to still play his game.